Tuesday 19 July 2016

Totem necklace.

I was very fortunate to spend two days with Heidi Kummli at her studio in the Rockies in Colorado. Not only is she an amazing Bead Artist and teacher but a wonderful person. I came away feeling both inspired and privileged to have spent time with her.
I asked to make a Totem piece on my first day and here it is. I just love it. The lioness representing strength and my upbringing in Africa. The best days of my life !  It's very light and easy to  wear and a lovely reminder of Heidi whose work is my sole inspiration for taking up bead embroidery. Her total connection to nature is something I admire and aspire to.
Heidi here with Spirit. A wolf hybrid. Spirit often pops in for a visit. I was lucky to be there on this occasion. Such a beautiful animal.






No comments:

Post a Comment